Got back pain questions? Our Back Wellness Coaches have answers. Text Us Now at 412.419.2225. It's FREE!

• Turmeric Tea for Inflammation

Chris | October 16, 2017 - 5:36 PM Diet/Nutrition

Has anyone here tried drinking turmeric tea as a way to ease back pain? Turmeric has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties. Was just curious. I was looking to try it and maybe incorporate it into more of my recipes if others were seeing some pain relieved from use.

1 Like
  • Macey
    October 16, 2017 - 5:43 PM

How ironic is this. A friend of mine was just talking about this exact tea. I was debating on whether to try it and after reading your post, I think I must.

My friend also sent me this:

1 Like
  • ChiefBacker
    October 16, 2017 - 7:14 PM

I have tried pills and powder, but unfortunately my stomach acid erupts while using it. I think its because of all the anti-inflammatory pills I was taking for a couple years that I destroyed my stomach and system.  I wish I was able to as I have heard great things but can never take it long enough to get the benefit.

1 Like
  • Macey
    October 17, 2017 - 9:36 PM

ChiefBacker, I'm sorry to hear about that stomach acid. If it's anything like acid reflux, OMG. Awful. In this case, the bad outweighs the good. Next! There must be an alternative.

If I do get around to make this tea, I'll def. let you guys know.

• ChiefBacker
    October 17, 2017 - 9:43 PM

Ya, it's really bad acid reflux.  Feels like an alien is running an ice pick up and down my stomach and esophagus.  Good times.. Good times. HA!

1 Like
  • Macey
    October 17, 2017 - 9:46 PM

Here's to that much-needed alternative because that sounds scary! HAHA

1 Comment
    1 Like
    • wellnessmama

Yikes! @ChiefBacker...that's exactly why I didn't want to be on anti-inflammatories for an extended period of time if I didn't have to. So thankful for what I've been learning about the power of nutrition to heal. No more meds or pain for me now. I hope you find relief with time too. I'm passionate about sharing the power of nutrition with others. I have been enjoying some turmeric drinks as well and have one for a turmeric milk not tea, if you think that would be better for you I'd be happy to share it! (PS I don't use dairy milk)