Got back pain questions? Our Back Wellness Coaches have answers. Text Us Now at 412.419.2225. It's FREE!

• CBD questions

Blue | September 12, 2017 - 11:56 PM Holistic Therapy

Hello

has any one used CBD?  if so what is your experience? have you ingested it or rubbed it on? what are reputable companies and what does one look for when buying it?

are there any good sources on Amazon?

Thanks

3 Likes
  • Macey
    September 13, 2017 - 12:09 PM

That is actually such a great question. Personally, I have used the capsule form, which is basically the ingredients put into an easy to swallow pill. And it works! I felt less pain, less anxiety and had a small pep in my step. I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago because of vape/ box mods. CBD companies are now including vape juice CBD, which I recently bought and am obsessed with. They have topicals too, which works great for direct relief that you put on like lotion. You can buy sprays too as you said, to ingest or in the liquid form where you'd put the eye dropper filled with CBD on your tongue.

What are your CBD needs? What are you looking to get out of it?

Some of the questions you’ll want to ask yourself are:

• How many milligrams of CBD oil will I need?
    • Do I want something flavored or unflavored?
    • Will I be using CBD oil at home, on the go, or both?
    • What’s my main consideration – strength or price?

You also want to be careful when purchasing online because not all products are created equal. I would recommend steering clear of buying CBD on Amazon just because of certification purposes. Sometimes third party people will post a product saying it's one thing when it's actually not. I'd stick to the credible websites, which I included below.

Websites:

3 Likes
  • ChiefBacker
    September 13, 2017 - 10:57 PM

I thought this was interesting.  Breakdown by state and their legislation as it relates to legal CBD.

3 Likes
  • Blue
    September 14, 2017 - 5:42 AM

Thanks for all of this really great information!

2 Likes
  • Blue
    September 14, 2017 - 5:46 AM

This will be great reading thank you, Ihave a lot to learn while trying to fight pain without  percocet and  am hoping I can find these great alternatives

2 Likes
  • Macey
    September 14, 2017 - 1:43 PM

This is great! What's crazy is that CBD is legal but it's still a gray area. When ordering their products online, sometimes debit cards from the US get declined. There are few ways to get around it but it will be a great day when all the Mishegas (means crazy in Yiddish) is gone.

1 Like
  • Macey
    September 14, 2017 - 1:48 PM

We are right with you. I've had to learn just because I've recently gotten into more holistic healing approaches than just popping a pill. There's so much to discover about CBD and other products, which is a good thing. Don't be a stranger if you have any other questions. This helps us too!

PS: There's also something called "Kratom" which is a natural pain killer. That may be something to look into as well. If you are into, I'm pasting 3 reputable companies who also sell it. I'd have several friends take Kratom to withdrawal from their opioids and were ASTOUNDED AT HOW GREAT THEY FELT. So I had to pass that info to you.

1 Like
  • Lexi
    October 6, 2017 - 8:51 PM

What's also funny is how you brought up Kratom when discussing holistic therapies. I don't know why more people don't know about this option. I've actually taken it myself for nerve pain and couldn't believe the calming and soothing effect it had. With the opioid epidemic, why aren't these alternatives being promoted more? It makes me so mad.

Side note: I completely understand that yes Kratom, if taken over a long period of time possesses the risk for mild withdrawal symptoms, however, in comparison to opioid withdrawal, it's nothing. Kratom should also be used to help taper off opioids. I had a friend who was on Suboxone for 10 plus years —overcoming an addiction to opiates. After being on Subs for so long, it made him feel like a different person. So, he decided to get off subs and be "normal." But,

Kratom should also be used to help taper off opioids. I had a friend who was on Suboxone for 10 plus years —overcoming an addiction to opiates. After being on Subs for so long, it made him feel like a different person. So, he decided to get off them and be "normal." But, you withdrawal from Subs just like painkillers. He took three kratom a day and legit felt no symptoms. He's been "clean" for 1 year now.

Thanks, BackerNation!

1 Like
  • Macey
    October 6, 2017 - 8:58 PM

Lexi,

I think we just became best friends. I completely agree with everything you said. And the way people can find out about more opioid alternatives is with awareness just like you did here.

One thing I will say that is that unfortunately, kratom is actually illegal in a few U.S. states. This remedy is considered controversial because the government wants to classify it as a Scheule 1 drug. Upon my research on this topic, you are 100% right about how it helps to overcome opioid withdrawal as well as support for mild chronic pain. Nevertheless, there's still hope. For your reading enjoyment, check out these 3 links.

Keep speaking up. And keep the comments coming! We love it.

1 Like