Got back pain questions? Our Back Wellness Coaches have answers. Text Us Now at 412.419.2225. It's FREE!

• Welcome New Members!

Macey | July 31, 2017 - 2:31 PM Quality of Life

Happy Monday BackerNation (specifically our new Backers),

My name is Macey Bernstein, a content specialist at BN. I wanted to initiate a discussion by saying hi and welcoming all of our new members. How is everyone's pain today?

Please feel free to say hi back and ask any questions you may have.

We are wishing everyone a great start to the new week.

5 Likes
  • scottie
    July 31, 2017 - 7:39 PM

Thanks. Looking forward to being part of all the discussions and community.

1 Like
  • AnnaSpain
    August 29, 2017 - 5:48 PM

Hi Macey, I'm new around here, I suffer from DDD and looking for friends who can understand and advice or share experiences on chronic lower back pain    ^__^

1 Comment
    3 Likes
  • Macey
    August 29, 2017 - 5:54 PM

—I am so glad that you reached out. That's honestly the first step. BN's founder actually also has DDD. He just had artificial disc surgery, which went incredibly well.

What type of treatment program for pain management are you in? I'd suggest looking into some type of physical and/ or aquatic therapy, which I've heard can do wonders.

Alternating between hot and cold should help the daily discomfort. And then, try engaging in some form of activity that can boost your mood while decrease pain. For example, maybe you and a friend can try to go for a neighborhood walk like 4 times a week.

Let's keep in touch!

1 Like
  • Margee
    October 14, 2017 - 8:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome Macey. I’m new too. Looking forward to learning and becoming part of the community.

3 Comments
    1 Like
    • ChiefBacker

Welcome !  Thanks for being part of our family.

• Margee

thanks for the welcome!

• Macey

We hope you feel the love. So glad you’re here.

• Macey
    October 14, 2017 - 10:02 PM

Seriously, thank you for reaching out and joining our wonderful community. Anytime you need anything, we’re here. I mean that. Don’t be a stranger!

2 Likes
  • Maluna06
    November 11, 2017 - 9:36 AM

Hi I’m new here and I’m happy to have found this place

10 Comments
    2 Likes
    • Macey

We are so glad you found us! Thank you for posting. Don’t be a stranger.

• ChiefBacker

Welcoe ! If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

• Maluna06

Thank you both for welcoming me. I know I’m on here late but I can’t sleep. Have lots of pain and muscle spasms. ????

• ChiefBacker

Oh man that is the worst. I've been there myself many of nights.  What types of things are you currently using for pain management and spasms?  Then from there we might be able to recommend some other things to try.

• Macey

It's our pleasure. We get it 100% because we are in pain too. And as an insomniac myself, sleeping, which is supposed to be relaxing can literally be the opposite.

Here are some articles we have on sleeping with back pain. Let us know if these help and if you need more info. We're always here!

• Maluna06

currently I am on baclofen 20 mg and gabapentin 600 mg

• Maluna06

thank you!! I will reas them right now

• Macey

Excellent! Let me know if you still have questions. Ps Happy Monday!

• Maluna06

thank you hope you have a great Monday as well ????

• Macey

Wonderful to hear you had a good day. With chronic back pain, we’ll take all the good days we can get, right? My day was actually a pretty good Monday. I once heard someone call Mondays a transition day and that really resonated with me.

• Alicia
    November 11, 2017 - 2:07 PM

Just discovered this website! I look forward to learning and meeting new people!

2 Comments
    2 Likes
    • Macey

Thanks for reaching out and finding us! You are in the best place. We’re here for anything you need. Keep in touch.

• ChiefBacker

Hi @Alicia.  Welcome to the family.  Let us know if you need any help with anything.